Thursday, May 19, 2011

Disclaimer

I am not a writer, but I like to write. I could even go as far as to say that I love it. I love words - the way they look on paper (or on screen); the way some jump up at you and catch your eye. I have been writing things down ever since I can remember: journal entries, short stories, poems, thoughts....

While I think you will be entertained by my writing, I am not sure any of it will be what professionals consider "good writing". Heck, I think sometimes I hit the nail right on the head and turn out a piece worth keeping, but for the most part I just write because it makes me feel good. Nothing wrong with that!

So, forgive me if the punctuation is not perfect; if the sentences are not structured perfectly; if the word order may seem odd; if spellcheck does not catch all my typos. Grammar has not ever been my strong suit nor will it ever be. I often think this is because I have a few different languages floating around in my head and all the rules that go with each language end up "fighting" with each other if I think to hard about it. So I just go with the flow and don't worry about it. Even the best writer relies on an editor to make sure their writing is just so. I don't have an editor, but I'll happily take feedback from my friends.

If you are not a sticler for perfection, then come back and you may like what you will find.

On this eve of my next adventure I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with you, my friends. I know some of you are with me in spirit while I am roaming around and a few of you would have even joined me if not for bad timing and a little inconvenience called work.

Ciao,

M

Mobile Blogging from here.

Mobile Blogging from here.
Mobile Blogging from here.
Mobile Blogging from here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Guida,

    when i read your “disclaimer”, i felt immediate resonance. You know i write too, and, just like you, i don’t consider myself a professional writer. You can be sure of my sympathies with respect to little errors since I also have a number of language “floating around” in my head. So what about being each other’s editors? Four eyes see more than two, two minds come up with solutions where one on its own doesn’t seem to get there. Carry the torch, dear, i know you will make it! With love for a kindred spirit, Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!I with you.Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both Nellie and Steve! Looking forward to seing you both soon and not just for a couple of hours this time.
    Love,

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, dear! Let’s make this stick... :-)

    ReplyDelete