Friday, June 3, 2011

Truly, Madly, Deeply….. Continued


(Sorry to have been "in hidding" for a few days. As it happens, life IS what happens while you made plans to write your travel blog every day. Life happens, and the blog must wait.)

I am happy to report that the elusive pictures taken by the strange Polish photographer Adam have arrived the other day via email, as promised.
But on to the rest of my Dublin trip.
I met a few really nice people and made some new friends. I am blessed to have such good fortune and people who care about me. Thanks to I, P and D for making my trip special.
Dublin was a really nice experience even with all the rain and wind on some of the days. Definitely a city worth another trip, for the Guinness and good friends alone!
Oh yeah, why Truly, Madly, Deeply? Well, some of you may recall a song by this name, by the Australian pop band Savage Garden. When I first saw these word on a page of the in-flight magazine on my flight from Boston to Dublin that was the first thing that came to mind. However, Dublin has adopted these tree words as its slogan for the city: Truly, Madly, Deeply…. Dublin!  Pretty clever. 
As I found out, there is a movie by the same name.  Something to check out when I am back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment